White Paper: The Role of Friction Welding Processes in Manufacturing Today
February 9, 2021
The question that engineers and manufacturers ask when considering their production joining and manufacturing processes is – can we do this better, cheaper and more efficiently?
Joining similar, dissimilar or exotic materials directly to each other with a high integrity bond is the holy grail of industrial manufacturing. The benefits of achieving this are to reduce cost, increase quality, efficiency and reliability. All are major considerations for OEM’s competing in the global market place and who need to establish their positions with innovative, quality and cost-effective products.
This e-book outlines the benefits of rotary friction welding processes and solutions through innovative, advanced welding solutions:
- – What is friction welding?
- – What is rotational friction welding used for?
- – The role of metallurgical analysis for welding processes
- – Case Study: joining different grades of steel in precision components
- – Case Study: connecting aluminium and copper in high current electrical components
- – Overcoming capital costs through sub-contract friction welding solutions