Innovative Automation: Introducing an All New Robotic Taping System
January 10, 2022
RoboTape is a patent-pending automatic tape system designed to handle repetitive and demanding tape applications.
Innovative Automation’s research and development team have invested over 15,000 hours to develop a comprehensive system for feeding and installing adhesive-backed foams, felts and attachment tapes.
Seamless integration into existing production systems or new cell layouts is promoted by IA’s proprietary remote feeding system. This new technology allows bulk spools of material to be positioned outside of the safe zone, opening up endless possibilities for cell design. In addition to this, the bulk spool of material can be replaced while the machine is mid-production to fulfill continuous, uninterrupted production goals.
A slim and versatile tape apply head can tackle applications with complex geometry and contours on a wide variety of parts. Automotive, architectural, industrial, medical and consumer goods are just some of the industries that can benefit from this specialized system.
- – Application speeds up to and exceeding 300mm/s
- – Lightweight tape apply head at just 5.6kg
- – Remote feeding of continuous rolls exceeding 1,800m
- – Built-in, automatic cutting allows for variable cut lengths
- – Automatic removal and disposal of tape liner
- – Sensing and auto rejection of splice joints
- – Smallest machine footprint at just over 5.5 sqft (0.5sqm)
- – Low energy consumption
- – Easily redeployed capital with minimal changeover
- – Integrates with a variety of robots and additional hardware
- – EPDM, Neoprene, PVC, Polyurethane, Polyethylene, Vinyl
- – Felt, Flock Tape
- – Acrylic Foam (VHB), Double Sided, Glazing Tapes
- – Width ranges from 3mm to 16mm
- – Thickness ranges from 0.5mm to 16mm
- – Additional sizes & materials possible upon request