ASK RITTAL: A-Z of BUSBAR with Sean Northcott
November 17, 2022
Traditional wiring relying on cable connections that require loads of space is a thing of the past and busbar power distribution is now the industry standard for all industrial enclosures. Globally, companies are deploying busbar to power their modular enclosures, primarily due to safety. Busbar alleviates pain points in panel design, engineering, and operation via many factors, but each primarily hinges on the high level of customization and unique design capabilities compared to traditional wired panels.
Busbar allows for:
- – Reductions in the use of space relative to the panel and enclosure
- – Easy troubleshooting in the event of switchgear interruption or failure
- – Time savings during both installation, maintenance, or upgrades
- – Increased operational efficiency
- – Integration of supplemental panel or enclosure elements to enhance or augment performance
Send Rittal your questions
Whatever questions you have about busbar: from the challenges to the problems, from the scope to the installation, Rittal will answer them at firstname.lastname@example.org/.
Rittal will compile your questions and answer them on their webinar. All questions will be entered into a Live Prize Draw for a chance to win a $100 Apple Card.
Questions received so far:
- – When using a busbar can I build a panel standing up instead of laying down?
- – How does the use of busbars enhance efficiency?
- – What are some of the ways that busbars simplify power distribution in industrial applications over traditional wiring?
- – Does using a busbar change how we build a panel?
- – As an assembler how would my role change by using busbar?
- – How does power monitoring of a busbar work? How accurate is it?