Littelfuse Paper Examines Electrical Shock Hazards and Prevention Through Design with GFCIs
July 25, 2022
Littelfuse, Inc., has released the technical paper “Prevention Through Design with Special-Purpose Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs)” describing the hazards of electrical shock and the best prevention methods and products that help keep workers safe from serious injuries and death caused by electrical shock.
This technical paper focuses on GFCIs for commercial and industrial applications and addresses:
- – How electrical shock affects the human body
- – How GFCIs work
- – Different GFCIs and special-purpose GFCI (SPGFCI) classes and their respective applications
- – How GFCI protection is different than equipment ground-fault protection
- – National Electrical Code (NEC) GFCI standards and applications where GFCIs are required
- – Additional applications where GFCIs are essential due to potential electrical shock hazards
“Electrical shock causes numerous fatalities every year, and even minor shocks can result in long-term injuries involving psychological and or physical symptoms,” said Mark Pollock, global product manager, Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit. “GFCIs are one of the most effective preventative measures against electrical shock because they actively react to irregular electrical conditions by cutting off power which can help assure the safety of workers.”
Go HERE to download the technical paper.
For more information, visit Littelfuse.com/Industrial.